ABOUT THE VENUE
CICAD (Abdou DIOUF International Conference Centre)
The CICAD is a modern and spacious facility located in Dakar, the capital city of Senegal in West Africa. It was officially inaugurated in December 2014 and is named after Abdou Diouf, who served as President of Senegal from 1981 to 2000 and later as Secretary-General of the International Organization of La Francophonie.
The main auditorium, named after the late Senegalese president Leopold Sedar Senghor, can seat up to 1,300 people and is equipped with the latest audiovisual equipment. The centre also has smaller conference rooms that can accommodate between 150 and 500 people each. Additionally, there is an exhibition hall that covers an area of 2,000 square meters and can be used for various events.
The CICAD conference centre has become a popular venue for regional and international conferences, particularly those organized by the African Union and other international organizations. It has also hosted high-level meetings such as the Africa-France Summit in 2020, which brought together heads of state and government from both Africa and France.
The CICAD conference centre in Dakar is a modern and versatile facility that has become an important hub for regional and international conferences and events in West Africa.
How to get there?
The CICAD conference centre is situated in the Diamniadio area, about 30 kilometers from Dakar city centre, and covers an area of 15 hectares.
Address: Pôle urbain de Diamniadio – B.P. 4026, Rufisque, Sénégal
There are several ways to get to the CICAD conference centre from the city centre and the airport in Dakar:
From the City Centre:
- Shuttles: AORTIC will organise shuttles going from the city centre to the CICAD, more details will follow soon.
- Taxi: You can take a taxi from the city centre to the CICAD conference centre. The journey takes approximately 45 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Public Transport: The Diamniadio train station is served by the newly constructed Train Express Regional (TER) line that runs between Dakar and the new city of Diamniadio. The TER provides fast and convenient transport for commuters and travelers between these two locations.
From the Diamniadio train station, you can take a taxi or public transport to the CICAD conference centre, which is located approximately 5 kilometers away. Taxis and public transport are easily accessible from the train station, and the journey should take around 10 minutes, depending on traffic.
From the Airport:
- Taxi: Taxis are readily available at the airport, and you can take one directly to the CICAD conference centre. The journey takes approximately 45 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Private Transfer: Many hotels in Dakar offer private transfer services from the airport to the CICAD conference centre. You can arrange this service in advance through your hotel.
It is important to note that traffic in Dakar can be heavy, particularly during rush hour, so it is advisable to plan your journey accordingly and allow for extra travel time.