WHAT WE DO
AORTIC hosts biennial international cancer conferences in various African countries, providing a platform for innovative and interactive educational training across the full cancer-care continuum. Creating a space to forge partnerships, to network, and build capacity.
AORTIC supports Africa-based researchers in order to advance their research skills and development. We develop and support research to create new knowledge and drive innovation in cancer control.
AORTIC aims to develop the next generation of leaders in cancer care, research, education, and advocacy within Africa through our African Cancer Leadership Institute (ACLI).
AORTIC provides and facilitates cancer education and training for African cancer clinicians, researchers, advocates, survivors, policy makers, and students through the AORTIC Virtual Education and Training Programme.
BECOME A MEMBER
When you become a member of AORTIC you will join a growing network of healthcare professionals who are working to address the cancer burden in Africa.
- Be part of a growing network of cancer professionals
- Access to information on the AORTIC Membership portal
- Receive a membership certificate
- Receive alerts and latest cancer information
- Reduced fees to attend our biennial conferences
- Complimentary access to some virtual AORTIC conferences and symposiums
- Eligible to apply for bursaries to attend our biennial conferences
- Eligible to apply for research grants
- Eligible to participate in AORTIC surveys
- Eligible to nominate and vote for new AORTIC Council members
- Eligible to be nominated on council after two consecutive years of membership
- Eligible to participate in AORTIC Committees and Special Interest Groups (SIGs)