Please be aware that visa regulations can change. The Rwandan Embassy or Consulate in your home country is the best source of up-to-date information.
Many visitors to Rwanda require a visa in order to enter the country; however some can apply for a visa online and/or upon arrival. If you will require a visa to visit Rwanda, be sure to allow plenty of time for the application process before your departure date.
Information regarding visas can be found here, however travel regulations are known to change without notice to the public. We recommend before you travel, to check the current regulations with the Rwandan Embassy in your country.
At present the following applies:
- Nationals from the following countries may visit Rwanda without a visa for a period up to 90 days: Hong Kong, Philippines, Mauritius, Singapore and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- EAC Partner states’ citizens shall be issued with a six-month visitor’s pass (renewable) upon arrival with no fee.
- Nationals of all African countries, Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States of America will be issued with an entry visa valid for a period of up to 30 days and can pay for a visa (USD 30) upon arrival without prior application.
- Everyone else needs to apply for a visa in their country of residence at a Rwandan Embassy or Consulate. Conference visas are called Class T6-1: Conference (single entry). They cost USD 30 and are valid for 30 days.
- If Rwanda isn’t represented in your country, then you need to register online at Rwanda Immigration (www.migration.gov.rw) before you travel. Once you’ve submitted the online form you’ll receive your letter of entitlement within three days. Present this letter at the border along with the fee to obtain a visa.
- Rwandan Embassies and Consulates abroad may require some or all the following to accompany visa applications: a valid passport, a visa support letter / invitation letter, an onward air ticket (or airline itinerary), a yellow-fever vaccination certificate and proof of sufficient funds.
- An applicant should have a valid passport or another acceptable travel document.
- The document must have a validity of at least 6 months on the day of entry in Rwanda and at least two (2) blank facing pages.
Visa Support Letter
A visa support letter is NOT required for passport holders of: All African nations, Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Sweden, United Kingdom, United States of America, Hong Kong, Philippines, Mauritius and Singapore.
If you DO NOT hold a passport from any of the above countries, you will require a visa application support letter. The AORTIC 2017 Conference Secretariat cannot issue formal invitation letters or actual visas to attend the conference, but can issue a Visa Support Letter to assist with your visa application. Participants can then use this letter when making their own arrangements for issuance of an entry visa to Rwanda.
Visa Support Letters are issued through the online registration system, but only after full payment for registration fees has been received. Visa Support Letters are only issued via email in PDF format and will be issued from mid-August after proof of payment for registration fees is received by the Conference Secretariat. Please note that visa support letters can only be issued to participants who have registered before 26 October 2017.
If you require a Visa Support Letter, please complete the following sections on the Personal Details section registration system:
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Country of issue
- Date of issue
- Date of expiry
- Full name as per passport
A yellow fever inoculation certificate is required for entry into Rwanda if you have travelled from or through a yellow fever zone in the previous 6 days before entry. You cannot get an inoculation upon arrival and your inoculation certificate must be dated at least ten days prior to your arrival in Rwanda.
Travel clinics recommend Hepatitis A, Typhoid and Hepatitis B vaccinations (more than 15 days before departure). Please consult your local doctor / travel clinic for further advice.
Contact our conference secretariat: email@example.com