The Call for Abstracts has closed and no further Late-breaking Abstracts may be submitted.
The Call for Abstracts was open from 10 February to 8 May 2015. The deadline for submissions was further extended until 20 May. Late-breaking Abstracts were then accepted until 31 August 2015.
The Scientific Programme Committee was overwhelmed by the response to the Call. A record breaking 753 abstracts were received! An enormous thank you to all submitting authors for helping to make AORTIC history. The 10th AORTIC Conference is going to be exceptional – if you have not yet registered, do so now. Click here to register.
Criteria for Abstract Submissions
- Abstracts may be submitted in English or French.
- Abstracts must adequately describe the research performed to allow reviewers to evaluate the quality, originality and thoroughness of the work.
- Abstracts should contain four sections:
OBJECTIVE: introductory sentence indicating the objective and purpose of the study.
METHODS: description of experimental procedures, including applicable statistical evaluation.
RESULTS: summary of the data and results.
CONCLUSIONS: statement of the study’s conclusions.
- Abstract title should be typed in UPPER CASE. The title should define the topic and contain no abbreviations.
- Maximum word count for the body of the abstract is 2000 characters (including spaces).
- In the body of the abstract, standard abbreviations need not be defined; other abbreviations and acronyms should be defined on first use.
- Generic names for pharmaceuticals, biologicals and medical devices should be used in place of trade names. Trade names should only be used if equivalent products from multiple manufacturers are being compared.
- Capitalise all trade names.
- Italicise scientific names.
- Overly commercial abstracts will not be accepted.
- Do not include graphics, tables or photographs.
- Submissions may have up to six authors (three presenting authors).
- Lead author’s name should appear first and will be the author that is corresponded with.
- Include contact information of the submitting author, including email and mobile.
- List the affiliation of all authors.
- Call for Abstracts opens 10 February 2015
- Call for Abstracts closes 8 May 2015 (extended until 20 May)
- Authors will be notified of results mid July 2015
- Early registration cut-off is 6 August 2015
- Final date for late-breaking abstract submissions is 31 August 2015